I’m going to post a series of readings for the next few days.
Read the text for the day: Isaiah 40v12-13
- What are the questions Isaiah poses? What is the answer to each?
- What does that tell us about God?
God is measureless. He is beyond limits. We can’t measure God, we can’t grasp how big he is, and yet we so often limit God by what we imagine him to be like. But God is infinite and that ought to comfort us because we can trust in his care and goodness, after all he is the God who can measure. Who marks off the heavens but not just the heavens but who numbers every hair on our heads.
- In what ways are you tempted to limit God? How does that affect your faith and your living everyday to follow him?
- How is God showing you your limits? How does that make you feel?
- By contrast God is limitless. He is infinite. How ought we to respond to his limitless-ness?
Who has held the oceans in his hands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx9-0v9m2Sg
or for children Our God is a great big God https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaXPXWBcE3I
Why not write out a prayer confessing how you’re tempted to limit God and praising him for his limitless nature and the comfort that brings especially at the current time?